SEATTLE - A fourth accuser stepped forward claiming that Seattle Mayor Ed Murray paid him for sex.
The latest court filing is a handwritten declaration by a man who claims, he too, was given money in exchange for sex. It is being used as evidence in the lawsuit that claims Murray sexually abused a homeless, drug-addicted teen in the 1980s.
- A 46-year-old man in Kent – Delvonn Heckard – filed a lawsuit in April claiming Murray sexually abused him.
- Two other men accused Murray of abusing them in the 1980s and paying them for sex.
- A fourth accuser wrote a declaration as part of evidence in Heckard’s lawsuit that Murray gave him money for sex.
- Murray, 61, has denied the allegations, saying they are politically motivated.
- Murray's attorney said the lawsuit has no merit after Murray's doctor exam showed no mole as specifically described in the complaint.
Attorney Lincoln Beauregard, who also represents Heckard, filed the hand written declaration by Maurice Levon Jones claims he, too, was given money in exchange for sex.
Jones is currently in King County jail on drug charges.
In the statement filed with the King County court by Heckard’s attorney, Jones wrote:
“Mr. Murray was known for patronizing child prostitutes at the time.”
Jones said also visited Murray’s Capitol Hill apartment and wrote, “Mr. Murray gave me money for sex.” He becomes the fourth person who accuses Murray of having sex with him when he was a teenager.
The mayor has suggested that the accusations are orchestrated by conservatives who don’t like his record on LGBTQ rights.
Jones ends his statement by writing, “I am not part of any right-wing conspiracy. I am also gay.”
Because Jones is in the King County Jail on cocaine possession charges, it’s likely his credibility will be scrutinized by the mayor’s attorneys.
He has not filed his own lawsuit against Murray.
KIRO 7 reached out to the mayor's team for comment and received the following statement:
“As we’ve seen repeatedly from opposing counsel, this filing fits firmly into the category of sensational media stunt. Mayor Murray does not know this person. This is an ambush copycat false accusation that is being made without any details, evidence, timeline or anything at all to substantiate its veracity. Mayor Murray has never had inappropriate relations with any minor, and Mayor Murray has never paid for sex. This allegation is false.”
© 2018 Cox Media Group.