SEATTLE - Drivers in Seattle will have the opportunity to park for free.
The company PayByPhone will offer first-time users of its new app one-time free parking at any of the city’s 12,000 on-street parking spaces.
The offer will be good through Dec. 24.
The company said it recognizes that December is a bustling time and wants to make the season a little easier on wallets.
The app was designed to help make it easier to pay for parking.
It also features text reminders to warn drivers time will expire and the ability to extend parking time.
To help people get registered, the company has sent out parking elves in Seattle to help first-time users get set up.
The company said it will give people getting help, a candy cane and gift.
And those who don’t spot an elf assistant can still get the parking promotion if they qualify.
Drivers can download the app from the Google Play Store, or the iOS App Store.
- Everett nanny tackles, stops package thief
- Lawyer: Man tries to pay ticket with pennies, is choked unconscious by court officers
- Man shot in strip mall parking lot in Shoreline
- Life-size Diagon Alley built in Seattle dad's driveway gets magical holiday touch
- Employee fired after using bag of chips to skip work
© 2018 Cox Media Group.