It was a missed turn that led to some cable television and phone lines being torn down in Hoquiam by a semitruck Thursday morning, police said.
After the driver missed his turn onto Emerson Avenue, he later made a left turn, looping into a residential neighborhood, police said. He should have made a right turn onto the posted truck route to get turned around.
Scroll down to continue reading
More news from KIRO 7
- Homeowners confront burglary suspects
- iPhone 8 recall: What you need to know, how to get your phone fixed
- Lovin' it: Fake McDonald's poster hangs in Texas restaurant for 50 days
- Skateboarder Cory Kennedy sentenced to four years in prison after killing friend in DUI crash
- Do you have an investigative story tip? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The height of the truck brought down lines, and some landed on a car parked at a nearby store, police said.
Several utility companies had to come out and repair the damage.
No injuries were reported.
The driver was issued a traffic infraction for failing to obey road restrictions, police officials said.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.