EL PASO, Texas - Border patrol agents in El Paso discovered a meaty surprise under the floorboards of a car Wednesday.
Officers confiscated 23 rolls of Mexican bologna weighing a total of 227 pounds, according to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection news release. The rolls of Chimex Salchicha are prohibited because it contains pork and could potentially introduce foreign animal diseases to the U.S. pork industry, according to the news release.
The driver of the car initially denied having any meat or meat products, then admitting that she had the bologna product in her vehicle. The bologna was removed by agricultural specialists and destroyed. The driver was assessed a $1,000 civil penalty.
- Video: Sex offender attacked in courtroom by another inmate
- Creepy Matt Lauer interview with Sandra Bullock, I've ‘seen you naked'
- Everett nanny tackles, stops package thief
- Child abducted 3 years ago located in Snohomish County; father arrested
- Lobster found with Pepsi logo imprinted on its claw
© 2018 Cox Media Group.