• Fire department warns: Don't plug space heaters into power strips

    By: Natalie Dreier, Cox Media Group National Content Desk

    Updated:

    There’s a chill in the air now that we’re inching toward winter, and some may be breaking out their space heaters to cut down on their power or gas bills. 

    But a fire department in Oregon has a scary warning for those who depend on supplemental heat: Stay safe and don’t use a power strip, KATU reported.

    Firefighters at Umatilla County Fire District #1 posted a warning on their Facebook page showing what could happen if power strips are used with space heaters.

    The post has been shared more than 22,000 times.

    Next Up: