by: KIRO 7 News Staff Updated:
Tom Petty, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame musician whose songs touched generations of fans, died Monday evening surrounded by his family and bandmates. He was 66.
In 1994, Petty and the Heartbreakers played a benefit for the Bridge School in Mountain View, California.
“When I think in my life of all the stages we’ve been on, this is certainly the most beautiful set I’ve ever been on – to be up here with these beautiful children,” Petty told the crowd.
This is the song he and the Heartbreakers played next:
- Las Vegas shooting: 58 dead, 515 injured
- Las Vegas shooting: Who is Stephen Paddock?
- Las Vegas shooting: Jason Aldean, other celebrities share prayers on social media
- PHOTOS: Las Vegas shooting, deadliest in modern U.S. History
- VIDEO: Brother of Stephen Paddock "Dumbfounded" by Las Vegas shooting
© 2017 Cox Media Group.